Hodlnaut is the leading Crypto Borrowing and Lending Platform based in Singapore whose mission is to provide financial services to cryptocurrency users. The platform currently has over $300 Million USD of Digital Assets under Management and is growing at an average of 20% month on month.
Hodlnaut is a certified Fintech by the Singapore Fintech Association, an accreditation recognized by the MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore). Hodlnaut is also currently undergoing license application under the PS Act 2019 (by the MAS) and is looking to become the first regulated entity in Singapore within the Crypto Borrowing and Lending Space.
As Hodlnaut scales, it is looking for a Market Risk Manager to join the team in Singapore
We are seeking a highly motivated quantitative market risk manager to join Hodlnaut's Risk team. In this role, you will assess the market risk in portfolios of cryptocurrencies, generate and present reporting, and liaise with trading desks and management.
- Develop a thorough understanding of analytics and metrics used to measure market risk and liquidity risk in portfolios of cryptocurrencies and related derivatives
- Build spreadsheets/Jupyter Notebook and code (e.g. Python) to capture risk measurement logic in a repeatable framework, and continuously refine tools as needed
- Evaluating portfolio construction and risk management techniques used by buy-side clients and counterparties
- Contribute to market risk modeling efforts or validation efforts as appropriate
- Develop intermediate expertise in data preparation and data science required to carry out the function
- Communicate with trading desks
- Produce ongoing market risk reporting and evaluate the status of portfolios against defined limits
- Assist with risk identification, assessment, and quantification efforts as needed
- Aggregate metrics and findings and synthesize key themes for management
- Engineering or quantitative economics academic background. Expertise in statistical techniques, stochastic calculus and linear algebra. MFE/MSFE/MQF etc. preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a market risk role supporting a capital markets business
- Exposure to fundamental market risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing and Greeks
- Outstanding critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to develop partnering relationships with trading desks while remaining willing to challenge if needed
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
This position provides a large opportunity for professional growth as we scale our organization. The individual who joins our team should expect to scale with our company and be ready to take on larger responsibilities over time. The position will report directly to the CEO
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.